Please read the following Terms & Conditions thoroughly prior to making a booking.
Individual and group bookings
1. A provisional booking may be made by letter, e-mail or telephone and should be confirmed within 14-days by completing our booking form and sending it to us, along with a payment of a non-refundable deposit. The balance of your payment should be paid not less than two weeks (14 days) prior to the first day of your booking. If your booking is made less than two weeks (14 days) prior to the first day, the full payment will be due.
2. Bookings can be made up to 12-months in advance but dates may be available at short notice. Bookings are taken for half days (approx. four hours) or full days (approx. eight hours) unless alternative arrangements are agreed in advance.
3. On receipt of your deposit/booking form your dates will be confirmed.
4. A certain degree of fitness may be required at some of the sites that we may visit where we will cover a variety of distances and terrain – please advise us if you or any members of your group have any walking restrictions or need to take regular comfort breaks so that we can plan routes accordingly.
5. A selection of field guides, binoculars and telescopes will be provided for client use, although we cannot guarantee that every member of the party will be able to have such items for their own individual use. Please wear suitable clothing/footwear for the time of year and the nature of the walk. If any of your party have specific medical needs or are susceptible to severe reactions to stings please ensure that the appropriate medication is carried with you and that the tour leader is aware of your requirements and how to administer aid if necessary.
6. Although we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your walk is trouble-free, we cannot accept liability for any physical injury or any loss, damage or expense resulting from any events whatsoever beyond our control. We hold Public Liability Insurance. We strongly advise that you take out appropriate insurance to cover personal injury, loss or damage to equipment.
7. In the unlikely event of your dissatisfaction at any aspect of the trip, any complaints that you have should be mentioned at the time of the occurrence of the incident so that the issue can be rectified as soon as possible.
Itineraries may be subject to change depending on variables such as weather conditions, access restrictions and the target species that may be around on the day.
8. Any tours which require the arrangement of one or more overnight stays will incur a cost to the client of overnight accommodation and a subsistence cost for the tour guide/or guides. This amount will be agreed in advance by the client.
9. Any locations visited which require payment of fees for car parking or entrance to reserves or other establishments will incur a cost to the client to cover such. Where possible such fees will be advised of and agreed in advance.
10. Travel to any meeting points which are in excess of 15 minutes travelling time from BA13 4QH will be charged at £15.00 per hour.
11. Individual bookings cater for up to four people. Under-16 year olds are welcomed but must be accompanied by an adult (there is no min. age limit, but please use your discretion as to what the youngsters in your party are able to cope with).
12. Transport is available in our vehicle as a free optional extra and we are able to pickup/drop off at your preferred location. Please ask if you need advice about travelling to Wiltshire. Hot/cold drinks are provided on all full day and half day bookings.
13. If you are making a booking as a gift we will provide ‘a voucher’ and a suggested itinerary of where we may go and what we might see to give to the recipient of the gift.
14. Group bookings cater for a minimum of five people. There is no maximum limit to the size of a group but 12-15 is generally a manageable number for a single guide – additional guide(s) can be provided for larger groups. Under-16 year olds are welcomed but must be accompanied by an adult (there is no min. age limit, but please use your discretion as to what the youngsters in your party are able to cope with).
15. The guide(s) will meet/leave you at agreed locations. Transport is the responsibility of your group although the guide(s) may offer a lift (at no extra cost) to rationalise the number of vehicles taken around the sites.
16. We are happy to provide a suitable itinerary for your group or we can fit in with your own plans. We can recommend sites to visit and target species to see (this should not be taken as a guarantee that they will be seen).
To secure the booking a non-refundable deposit is required:
Payments & Cancellation
1. Payments may be made by Paypal, cheque or bank transfer. Credit/debit card payments can only be made via Paypal. Payments are accepted in £UK sterling only. Bank transfer details are available on request. Cheques should be made payable to Tim Tapley.
2. All cancellations should be made in writing/by email as soon as possible. Dates may be changed at no additional cost but these will be subject to availability. If no suitable alternative date(s) can be arranged the booking will be treated as a cancellation.
3. Cancellation charges:
Days prior to the first day of your booking:
36 or more days = the deposit
15 to 35 days = the deposit and 25% of the balance
8 to 14 days = the deposit and 50% of the balance
0 to 7 days = the deposit and 100% of the balance
4. If any refunds incur bank charges (i.e. currency charges) in the event of your cancellation these will be deducted from any refund due. It is advisable for you to take out appropriate holiday insurance to cover any losses incurred should you have to cancel your booking.
5. In the event of Wiltshire Wild Walks having to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, and being unable to offer a suitable alternative, all payments received (including deposits) will be refunded in full.
6. Wiltshire Wild Walks reserve the right to refuse a booking. In exceptional circumstances we also reserve the right to cut a tour short – if this happens a refund for the remaining time unused will be made. We reserve the right, to remove a person from the tour with immediate effect where that person is unable to conduct themselves in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Our prices are subject to change but are guaranteed on receipt of a deposit. Please remember that we will always offer a flexible approach to your enquiry. If you have any specific requirements or questions please ask.